Turquoise Acid Dye
10 gms sock yarn made into a skein
Juice of 500gm jar of pickled beetroot
- Pre soak yarn in cold water.
- Sieve beetroot juice into a pan
- Add yarn and gently ensure it has soaked up the dye evenly
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes
- Leave to cool
- Rinse, dry and admire
- Beetroot dye has a tendency to fade. Dry away from direct sunlight and be prepared for some fading, although I have never found it as dramatic as some people say
- You do not need need to pre-treat the yarn except to soak in water as the vinegar will act as the mordant.